Skip to content | Saturday, 04-Dec-2021 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A


Shared ownership

People on the housing register are eligible to bid for rented accommodation with the council or a housing association. However, if your level of income or savings is above a certain level you will also be eligible for the Help to Buy shared ownership scheme and your housing register application will be placed into Band D.

From time to time we will advertise on the Crawley HomeChoice website Shared Ownership properties alongside Social Rented Housing in the borough. Applicants will be able to apply for these properies in the normal way. After the bidding cycle has finished, the shortlist of applicants will usually be passed to the landlord or the Help to Buy Zone Agent who will contact any eligible applicants. 

What Is Shared Ownership?

Shared ownership, Equity Loans or discounted rent is an alternative to social renting housing and gives you the chance to take your first step on the housing ladder when you cannot afford to buy a property outright.

Shared Ownership - You buy part of your home and pay a subsidised rent on the rest. Shared ownership is also known as “part rent, part buy”. The main shared ownership scheme operating at the moment in Crawley is called Help to Buy

To find out more information and to see if you qualify click here.  

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy