IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
If you have no accommodation available to you or are at risk of losing your accommodation, please select homeless application (not housing register).
HOUSING REGISTER APPLICANTS
In accordance with the Housing Allocations Scheme, we can only accept you onto the Housing Register if you:
I. Have a Housing Need:
- Are homeless or threatened with homelessness, or
- Have a medical need to move, or
- Are overcrowded, or
- Have a child who lives with them all the time and are living in shared accommodation, or
- Are suffering from violence or significant harassment, or
- Are a Crawley Borough Council or Crawley housing association tenant wanting to move to a smaller property, or
- Are a care leaver who is aged under 21 and ready for independent living, or
- Are living in hostel or bed and breakfast accommodation, or
- Are aged over 60 and want to be considered for sheltered accommodation or bungalows, or
- Are paying more than 40% of their income towards their rent.
II. Have a 5-year local connection to Crawley – If you have not lived or worked in Crawley for the last 5 years, or have immediate family who have been living in Crawley for 5 years or more, you will not qualify to join.
III. Are Qualifying – Anyone who owns/part owns a property, OR is in arrears of £1,000 or more, OR has sufficient financial resources to buy a property, OR has perpetrated anti-social behaviour, will not qualify to join.
IIII. Are Eligible – People subject to immigration control may not be eligible to join.
Please do not apply unless you meet the criteria above, as your application will be rejected.
New customer? Click here to register.
Existing/former customer? Click here to log in. If you have forgotten your log in details, please contact the Customer Contact Centre on 01293 438000.